Polka Dot Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Hugh Family Values

This weekend, we had a family discussion (these are so rare) and talked about family values - what they are, why they're important and listed what we felt were our family values.  It took some time to all agree since my daughter wanted to add "playing and having fun" and my son wanted to add "eating hamburgers" but after some discussion, here's what we came up with:

The Hugh Family Values

  • Communication
  • Respect
  • Honesty
  • Integrity
  • Kindness
  • Hard Work
  • Belonging
  • Responsibility
  • Healthy Living
  • Perseverance
  • LUFF - this is our family word for love
It was a great conversation and even though my husband and son proceeded to play video games afterwards and my daughter was back on her iPod, I believe they all secretly enjoyed that we took the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment