Polka Dot Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Childhood Love

I took this picture of my daughter this weekend.  I call it "Soccer Love."  Witnessing her love for this hobby and the exhilaration and sheer happiness it brings her to get out on the field, it made me think about a course I took back in the summer.  The instructor asked us to visualize ourselves walking towards a child in the distance and as we approached each other, the instructor revealed that this young, innocent child we were walking towards was ourselves and to think about what we were like and what we felt as this child.  In addition to this I thought about a book I read called "The Happiness Project" where the author did an experiment and reflected on what she loved as a child and decided to reintroduce those loves back into her life and when doing so, how much happier and fulfilled she felt.  My goal over the next few weeks is to take on a similar experiment and answer the following question: 

What were my childhood loves? 


Join me and share yours too.  I'll post my findings as soon as they're found.

No comments:

Post a Comment