Polka Dot Background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Was vs. Now - I Choose Now

I am in the process of a transformation.  The person I was is not the person I am now.
Who am I?  Well that's not easy to answer which is why my 'About Me' description is empty.  I was a wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, employee and friend.  But now, I am simply Sherry - it's a start.

Over the past couple of years, I've been working to reacquaint myself with me.  No, that doesn't mean I'm denying the roles I play in peoples lives, nor that I've now chosen to be self-absorbed in myself.  What it means is that I need to get to know me first which I believe will make me a better (if not the best) all of the above.


This blog is a journal on my journey to live a life filled with joy, love and laughter - what I like to call joy.lo.la and along the way slowly fill out that description that will describe the me now, not the me was.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry,
    I tried to post a comment a couple of times to know avail as far as I know. Here it is again. I choose now! Well said, well written. Many people feel this way, but are just not sure how to articulate it...this is going to help others put it in perspective. Joylola what a great blog! From the purple reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run this morning, Sher! Thx for pushing me. So I’ve decided to set ‘small’ goals with my exercise regimen. As you've heard several times, my problem is that I always set out to do too much such as: doing the ‘Insanity Workout’ dvds everyday, eat healthy, cut back on carbs, give up chocolates & chips all at once. I have realized I can’t focus on the exercise regimen if I’m trying to do ALL the others at the same time, I believe it’s not a lack of discipline, but rather, it’s a lack of motivation. So starting today, I’m going to make it a habit to log my workout right away or before I go to bed. Sher, please check up on me tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jen! I'll be there every step of the way, like you are for me.

    ReplyDelete